The Harris Cypermethrin Insect Fogger is ideal if you are trying to kill roaches, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, and other insects. Our fogger is made to be used inside your home or apartment. Follow these simple steps to get rid of the pests:
Step 1: Preparation
- Before you use the fogger, start by covering things that you do not want to be exposed. This should include food and food prep surfaces, dishes, house plants, waxed furniture, etc. Newspaper, paper towels, or plastic sheeting are good things to use as coverings.
- Sparks can be dangerous when using a fogger, so make sure you turn off anything that has a flame (pilot lights) or an appliance that turns on or off, like a refrigerator or thermostat.
- You should also turn off fans and air conditioning so that the mist does not get blown around.
- To make sure that you kill all pests in the area, close outside doors and windows, and open up the cabinets, cupboards, and drawers where pests may be hiding.
Step 2: Setting Up the Fogger
- Foggers are made to be used in open areas that are at least 5’ x 5’, so don’t try to use one in a closet or in a cabinet. Each fogger will treat an area up to 2,000 cubic feet, which is a room about 10’ x 25’ with 8 foot ceilings. You should typically not use more than one fogger in each room.
- Next, find a place to put the fogger. A chair or table moved to the center of the room makes a great place to set it on. Cover the chair or table with newspaper so that is doesn’t get wet or damaged.
- Shake the fogger well.
- When you are ready, hold the can pointed away from your face. Then push down on the tab with your thumb until it clicks into the locked position.
- Set the fogger on the newspaper and leave the house or apartment for at least 2 hours.
Step 3: After Using the Fogger
- After 2 hours, return and open the doors and windows. Allow the treated area to air out for at least 2 more hours before remaining in the room.
- Do not allow adults, children, or pets to return until the area has been properly ventilated and no odor remains.
Harris Cypermethrin Insect Fogger is a long-lasting residual that will continue to kill cockroaches and other pests for up to 12 weeks. Always read and follow all label directions.